1. It was NOT your fault!
2. If you are in immediate danger call 911.
3. Do NOT clean up. Do NOT change clothes or take a shower. Do NOT wash your hands or clean up at all (DNA is evidence). If it happened in your house, don’t clean up the area either.
4. Call the police. Write down all the details you can remember and report them immediately.
5. Get medical attention. Either go to the hospital or call for an ambulance. Request a procedure called a “rape-kit” to collect evidence. If you suspect you were drugged ask them to test for that.
- Local YWCA Confidential Crisis Line 616.776.RAPE (616.776.7273)
- Click here to view the local YWCA’s other helpful programs
- National Sexual Assault Hotline: 1.800.656.HOPE (1.800.656.4673)
- Click here for the Online Rape Hotline